miércoles, 22 de septiembre de 2010

"Blake´s got a new face"

"Done already?" he asked, he was quite bored. It was Blake´s nature to be active, he hated not having anything to do, some place to go, someone to visit.
"Men, you´re giving me a headache. What´s the hurry anyways?" Brandon asked, rolling his eyes.
"You said we were going to the movies, the movie... remember?"
"Blake, for once in your life. Breath."
Blake didn´t do so, he just grew more & more impatient.
They were standing under the sun, in the middle of the... not so green grass and Brandon kept looking nowhere.
"What the fuck are we waiting?"
Bradon wasn´t willing to tell him, but he had second thoughts with the question. It was all about a girl... it´s always about a girl wasn´t it?
"Okay, If I tell you will you shut the fuck up?"
"Maybe"
Maybe wasn´t an answer, but that should be enough.
"I invited some girl... " Brandon said vaguely and looked over Blake´s head; Brandon wasn´t as tall as you may imagine, still, he was taller than Blake.
"What? You mean... is this like your date?" Blake asked, confused.
"Yes... I know, I´m sorry but I just met her & I didn´t want to seem obvious... Besides I would be nervous, she makes me go mad & perhaps she´d feel cornered with me by myself. I told her I´d invite some friends"
"Some? Bad news then, it´s just us. You lied."
"Oh, Blake... " Brandon sighed deeply "I will ask you something, be honest with me. Have you ever been in love? Like... real love?"
"Real love?" Blake asked, arching his eyebrow.
"C´mon.. like when you see her, you stop breathing. There´s something in her eyes... you can´t stop listening to her voice in your head, you feel her, smell her perfume everywhere... you can´t sleep at night because you wish you could speak with her..." he trailed off and looked nowhere again, with a sheepish smile in his lips.
Blake could see his eyes glowing; he laughed.
Bradon looked ashamed and he even blushed, feeling uncomfortable.
"Am... well, you know what I mean? Have you ever... have you ever been in love?"
"Oh, yes, I have" Blake said without any emotion at all.
Brandon noticed. "And..?"
"I blew it off." he said, and even though he tried to appear careless, Bradon noticed that there was sadness and clear, fresh pain in his words.
"She must have been great. Never mind Blake, everyone makes mistakes"
"Yes... but it was my fault, I was rude to her... I hurted her"
Then Brandon had nothing else to say.

They both remained silent and Brandon kept looking again for his girl.
"How is she?" Blake asked trying to break the uncomfortable silence & also, trying to look for her himself.
"Beautiful."
Blake laughed again "She´s hit you hard hasn´t she?"
"She has indeed. She´s beautiful & smells wonderful. She´s also so smart! She surprises me. I think she´s read every book that has been published in the last... 50 years or so."
Blake was now interested, the resemblance to his own girl was now a memory, she also liked reading.
"And she´s studing... literature I imagine"
"Yeah, English Literature"
Blake again stood silent, looking at the grass. Studing literature? Liked reading...? No, he couldn´t stand dreaming it was her but he couldn´t help it, she just missed her sometimes... or always. He missed her since the first time he´d live without her, since they became complete strangers living in a world apart.
"Oh crap, it´s her..." Brandon said, smiling again and looking forwards with such emotion that even Blake followed his gaze.
And there she was, it was impossible.
They had never actually seen each other but he remembered her picture. She had long, black hair, tanned skin, elegant walk (this was an add to the memory) and a bright smile that brighten her expression.
"Oh, fuck"
"Oh, Blake? I forgot telling you. Don´t fall for her; she´s mine."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario